February 22, 2005

Anti-Genocide Coalition Charts

To flesh out the idea I laid out in an earlier blog entry (here) I've created some charts.

The first one is large and somewhat confusing. I've tried to simplify it, but it still looks large and confusing. It alctually makes a lot of sense. Reading the chart with the first blog entry handy will greatly improve reading. I don't believe I changed a single thing between the two, except emphasis and specificity.

The second one is simpler, much skinnier, and quite a bit longer. It takes you through the process of an intervention from start to finish (although it doesn't really cover the internal workings of each step; it's mostly just the relations and interactions of the actor-entities.

I'm also doing this just to get the responsibilities and relationships nailed down. Seeing how the groups' arrows and boxes interact gives me a vague idea of how complex or simple the job would be in real life.

In case you haven't put it together, the reason it's divided into three branches is function-derived. In order to intervene, there has to be a governing body with a military - the members Council Branch. In order to determine when intervention is appropriate, there must be a process to discover or respond to genocide in the world - the Liberties Watchdog Branch. In order to clean up a country after removing the murderer-in-chief there, we'd need to address both the immediate human needs and long-term political needs of the populace - the Reconstruction Efforts Branch. I designed this thing from function upwards. I could've arguably given the military its own Branch but I wanted to keep it subverted to the larger goal. I also wanted to keep the bureaucracy of the organization's military in check.

The working title, again, is International Defense Coalition.
original blog entry
process chart
relationship chart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home